You must have experienced it when you are trying to watch a movie, and you have trouble with volume that you want to increase. Alternatively, sometimes you want to look at the pictures or video of an old tour you took with your friends, but you cannot go out of your blanket every time to change the slides or increase the volume. Now, how incredible would it be if you could control your computer from anywhere using your smartphone? Look around your house; every electric appliance has its remote. Remote for TV’s, Air Conditioning ceiling fans and music systems and that is a lot to deal.
Now consider your PC has all the programs running on it like iTunes, VLC, Spotify and all require their remote. Well, unified remote takes all these programs remotes and condenses them into one allowing you complete control of your computer using just one app mostly a universal remote for your PC. Which works specifically for computer programs and gives full control to your smartphone from the basic keyboard, mouse function, switching your PC ON and OFF to customizing your remotes to control subtle programs at once. You have huge range of adaptability using handy and familiar interfaces.
- The program is merged with various remotes to control different applications, tools, main settings of your PC. The primary function that it has is to deal with the control of mouse and keyboard which is hardly seen.
- It has an automatic server detection that quickly finds servers for your network and provides password protection and encryption for better security purpose.
- It supports single and multi-touch mouse control and wakes On LAN that helps you start the server easily.
- Different servers are accessible for Mac (Beta), Windows, and Linux (Beta). It can also control other devices that include Arduino Yún and Raspberry Pi, and it also contains light and dark color themes.
- Various remotes are emerged in it to monitor the programs like Basic Input (remote mouse & keyboard), Spotify, YouTube, Keynote, PowerPoint, Netflix, Google Presentation, Slideshow Remote/ Presentation, XBMC and for VLC.
- It also has some more remotes functionality to control various programs such as Boxee, execute terminal/console commands. Furthermore, you can also access browsers like Chrome, Firefox, File Manager, Google Music, GOM Player, iPhoto, J River Media Center, iTunes, Mac OS X, MPC-HC, Media Portal, Monitor, MediaMonkey, Navigation, QuickTime Player.
- INTERNET: for server connection.
- BLUETOOTH: for server connection.
- WAKE_LOCK: for optional wake-lock.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: for auto-pause.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: for server connection.
- VIBRATE: for optional haptic feedback.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: for server connection.
- NFC: for NFC actions.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: for launcher shortcuts.
- CHECK_LICENSE: for licensing checking.
- TRANSMIT_IR: for IR remote control.
How to install Unified Remote?
- Download and then install the .apk from the link.
- Done, Enjoy!